One in 10 Americans over the age of 60 have experienced abuse and neglect at the hands of a loved one, caregiver or even a stranger. From financial and emotional to physical and sexual, elder abuse is a national growing concern that will continue to affect the fastest growing age group in Orange County.
Human Options’ Safe Options for Seniors (SOS) was the first program of its kind in Orange County, specifically designed to support adults age 50+ who have experienced abuse. Our SOS program provides counseling, legal advocacy, support groups and more.
We’ve helped clients like Barbara escape abuse by providing her with the services and resources to take back control of her life.
In recognition of Elder Abuse Awareness month, we are offering a FREE 60-minute workshop on financial abuse. Our community education team will educate attendees on a variety of current scams and provide tips on how elders can protect themselves. To request a presentation, please email or call us at (949) 737-5242, ext. 215.
With your help, we can prevent elder abuse and preserve the dignity of our elders.
Join us in spreading awareness by:
- Following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn to like and share information on elder abuse.
- Requesting a FREE 60-minute presentation on financial scams or elder abuse for your organization, business or school.
- Wearing purple on Wednesday, June 15th. Share you pictures with us by using hashtags #AbuseKnowsNoAge and #HumanOptions.
- Call or visit a senior you know. Spending quality time of some form is a great way to show you care!
- Sharing our 24-hour hotline number at 877-854-3594.
Stand in solidarity with us against elder abuse!