A new addition to our community education services, the Human Options Teen Ambassador Program equips teens with the skills needed to serve their communities as peer-to-peer mentors.
As a peer-to-peer mentor, the student can serve as a resource, a helping hand, a sounding board and a referral service for other youth. Human Options peer-to-peer mentors receive specialized education and resources relevant to prevention or responding to dating violence and relationship abuse.
As Teen Ambassadors, students:
• Learn about the impact of violence in their community
• Gain experience organizing events
• Acquire facilitation and public speaking skills
• Have fun and make friends
• Participating in 10-12 weekly group meetings
• Working with diverse groups of people
• Service learning projects related to creating awareness around teen dating violence and/or domestic violence
For more information, please contact our Community Education department at 949-737-5242, ext. 225.
Ambassador pilot program made possible thanks to a generous gift from Tod and Linda White.