Nearly three out of four Americans know someone who is or has been a victim of domestic violence.
Will you join us this October for Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) and stand against DV?
From financial and emotional to physical and sexual, domestic violence occurs in various forms and impacts our entire community.
Together, we can break the cycle of abuse!
It’s as easy as:
1. Wearing purple on October 20th to raise awareness for DV. Tag us on social media using hashtags #HumanOptions and #PledgePurple.
2. Requesting FREE educational presentations on domestic violence to educate your school, business or community group.
3. Downloading and sharing our printable pledge.
Share our 24-hour hotline number at 877-854-3594 with your community.
Five local high schools have pledged to wear purple socks for DVAM.
Support your local teams taking a stand against domestic violence by joining us at an upcoming football game and wearing your purple!
Troy @ Irvine
Orange @ Santa Ana
Magnolia @ Century
Northwood vs. Corona Del Mar
7 p.m. @ Irvine Stadium
Woodbridge @ University
Engage your school with these campus awareness activities!
• Purple out your school by wearing purple on October 20th for Domestic Violence Awareness Day.
• Organize a donation drive for Human Options by providing basic necessities for domestic violence victims.
• Request a FREE educational presentation on domestic violence and teen dating for your student body.
We hope you #PledgePurple with us and stand against domestic violence.
Be sure to follow Human Options on social media for DVAM 2016 updates!