Looking to work with domestic violence survivors or just expand your knowledge?
Sign up for Human Options’ 40-hour state mandated workshop! Offered biannually in the Spring and Fall, this domestic violence series is ideal for those seeking employment or volunteer experience with a domestic violence organization in California.
Emergency hotline volunteers help answer calls to our 24-hour hotline and document each call. Emergency hotline volunteers are asked to do at least one, 3 hour shift per week. All hotline volunteers are mandated by the State of California to complete a 40-hour domestic violence awareness training before being eligible to volunteer.
For the safety of our volunteers, staff, and families we serve, we have currently put a hold on all volunteer on-boarding due to COVID-19. We hope to resume volunteer opportunities soon!
Upon completion you will receive a certification as mandated California Evidence Code Section 1037.1.
Join us for our next virtual 40-Hour Domestic Violence Advocate Training in January 2021!
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021
- Thursday, January 21, 2021
- Friday, January 22, 2021
- Monday, January 25, 2021
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021
- Thursday, January 28, 2021
All classes will be held from 1:00 P.M. -6:30 P.M. with a fifteen minute break midway
- There will be no refunds issued for non-attendance, however you may use your payment for the next session.
- Clients of Human Options must be out of the program for a least a year before participating in training.