A new addition to our community education services, the Human Options Teen Ambassador Program equips teens with the skills needed to serve their communities as peer-to-peer mentors.
As a peer-to-peer mentor, the student can serve as a resource, a helping hand, a sounding board and a referral service for other youth. Human Options peer-to-peer mentors receive specialized education and resources relevant to prevention or responding to dating violence and relationship abuse.
Interested in growing your leaderships skills and ending dating violence in our society?
As Teen Ambassadors, students:
• Learn about the impact of violence in their community
• Gain experience organizing events
• Acquire facilitation and public speaking skills
• Have fun and make friends
• Participating in 10-12 weekly group meetings beginning in January and running through May 2019
• Working with diverse groups of people
• Service learning projects related to creating awareness around teen dating violence and/or domestic violence
For more information, please contact our Community Education department.
Ambassador pilot program made possible thanks to a generous gift from Tod and Linda White.