Each year in the United States, about 3.3 million children witness domestic violence in their homes. Children who grow up in homes with domestic violence are 100 times more likely to become abusers.
Human Options recognizes April as National Child Abuse Prevention Month! Growing up in a violent home is often a traumatic experience that can affect every aspect of a child’s life. Join us this April as we spread awareness to help prevent child abuse!
You can help raise awareness by:
• Wearing blue on Friday, April 6th! Individuals and organizations across the U.S. will band together to make a visible commitment to preventing child abuse and helping make great childhoods happen nationwide by wearing blue.
• Participating in the National Child Abuse Prevention Month calendar! Click here for activity ideas.
• Creating blue pinwheels for Child Abuse Prevention Month! Display this national symbol for child abuse prevention in your home or garden. Learn how by following these simple instructions.
• Reading the “Educating Adults to Protect and Empower Children” booklet to learn how to prevent child sexual abuse with tools to empower your child.
• Requesting a presentation from our Community Education team! We provide education for parents and educators and on the effects of domestic violence on children.
Prevention is key!
Be a role model by starting the conversation today! For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (949) 737-5242, ext. 215.