Looking to give back to our community in a meaningful way, 21 Marriott hotel employees from across Orange County volunteered at our emergency shelter on Saturday, February 23rd to take care of some much needed repairs, maintenance, and beautification!
They graciously donated their time and skills on various projects which included:
* Sanding, patching, and painting all chipped drywall
* Sanding, patching, and painting two ceilings where we had leaks from the recent rain.
* Deep cleaning of House 3 and House 5 kitchen
* Repainting the shelter’s front door
* Repainting the handrails and Family Healing Center front door
* Replacement of all A/C filters
* Conversion of lights to support LED bulbs
* Reorganization of units and installing a crib
* Demolition of cabinets
* Cleaning the gutters
* Cleaning and painting the stair handrail in both houses.
* Donating over 50 bathroom trash cans
“We feel fortunate to be able to help families when they need support and allow Human Options to focus on the great work they do. We can’t wait to go back!” said Juan Lopez, Director of Engineering and Loss Prevention, Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa.
At Human Options, we are committed to a future in which every person and family in Orange County experiences safe, healthy relationships and lives free of fear.
If you, your company or group are interested in partnering with Human Options to save lives, please contact Nora Caldwell at 949-737-5242, ext. 211.