Safety. Healing. A Way Forward.
ADOPT-A-FAMILY THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
Your gift can make a difference to a woman and her children whose lives have been uprooted to leave a violent living situation. Last year you helped more than 264 clients. See how you can get involved: REGISTER HERE
“We opened our gifts and it brought tears to my eyes to see my boys so happy and forget for a moment why we are here. You have blessed our family so much, thank you!”
Human Options provides a safe haven and life changing programs to help abused women, their children and families rebuild their lives. We work with the community to break the cycle of domestic violence by providing, Safety, Healing and a Way Forward.
HOW COMMON IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE?:
- 1 in 4 women will be physically assaulted by a jealous boyfriend or husband during her lifetime
- 1 in 5 teenage girls will experience dating violence
- Children who grow up in homes with domestic violence are more likely to become abusers or be abused
- One third of all 911 calls reporting domestic violence are made by children (Orange County, CA Domestic Violence Court)
- 90% of elder abuse is committed by family members
- The cost of domestic violence to American businesses is $6 billion a year in sick and medical leave and lost productivity
HOW HUMAN OPTIONS HELPS:
Human Options provides emergency shelter and long term assistance for battered women and children who are in a dangerous situation due to an abusive relationship.
Human Options Services.
- Emergency Shelter and Transitional Living programs, including: safe housing, counseling, legal advocacy, case management and job readiness training for abused women and their children.
- Long-term support to help rebuild lives through our Children and Families Counseling Center.
- Community education for youth grades 6-12 to inspire a new generation to live free of violence.
- Violence prevention training programs for business, medical and criminal justice professionals to motivate building a safer community.
Human Options’ programs help break the cycle of domestic violence. Formal research shows more than 90% of our residential clients continue to be violence free one year or more after graduating from the program.
Domestic Violence Hotline (877) 854-3594If you are a woman who is in an abusive relationship and need counseling or a safe place to stay, or if you know someone who is in an abusive relationship and you would like to know how to help, please contact the Human Options Hotline.
If you are interested in scheduling a presentation from one of our community educators, please call (949) 737-5242 x214
If you are interested in volunteering, visit volunteer opportunities for details.